Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thank God

Seven months ago, if you asked me if I would be grateful for a life altering injury, I would have thought you were outside your damn mind.

Well, here I am seven months after a life altering injury and I am more grateful than I have ever been for anything. The past seven months have been the hardest times of my life. I've had ups and downs you wouldn't even see if you were on a roller coaster. If you've been keeping up with my blog, my life or even my facebook, you know what's been happening. My life has completely changed due to a labral tear in my hip.

If I weren't to have sustained such an injury, I can't even tell you where I'd be, because only God knows, but I do know that I wouldn't have gained the experience, growth and soul rejuvination that I've gone through. I have completely changed my entire outlook on life.

I can tell you that if I didn't get injured, I would be in my first month in tech school in San Antonio, Texas for the Air Force. I would have missed out on an amazing trip to England that I will never forget. I could have missed out on growth and rebuilding of relationships with two women in my life that mean the world to me. I could have missed out on spending some absolutely life changing time with the guy I am crazy about. I could have missed out on an eye opening experience from God.

If you were in my shoes for the last year and you didn't feel grateful for the injury I have, you'd surprise me. I am a new person, I am not the body obsessed, personal trainer nazi that I once was. I am no longer the girl who can only be confident because of how she looks on the outside. I am so much more than a skeleton covered in muscle.

On friday I will be having a surgery that with God's help will get me back on a better path, I will not be spending my life in the gym, I will not be killing myself with food restriction. On the contrary, I will be enjoying life, being active in a healthy way that I enjoy, going to church, spending time with my family and friends who I care about more than anything, go to school, prepare for my future.

I feel like I'm being reborn and I can't tell you how excited I am for the future. Most of you thought I was motivated before, well as the line goes, you ain't seen nothing yet ;) Keep your eyes open, I'm ready to shock the world.

Thank you everyone who's been here for me during this tough time, you will never know how much it means to me. I have lots of love and appreciation for everyone of you.

So much love,

<3 B

No comments:

Post a Comment