Friday, March 25, 2016

Changing My Last Name

Well hello world, it has been a long minute since I wrote, but I realize how much I value having these little online journals to look back on and get a snapshot of what's happened in my life.

I am currently 70 days away from becoming the new Mrs. Bridget Wolfe. That kind of blows my mind, not because I'm going to be getting a new identity, I'll always be me, good old silly, clumsy, stubborn Bridget, but I'm going to be transitioning to a forever partner of someone in this world. When I was a teenager and I heard of people spending 10, 20, 30 years together, it terrified me, back then, I couldn't imagine spending that much time with one person. My perspective has completely changed since then, I feel so unbelievably lucky that I GET to spend that much time with Noah. We will grow together, become new versions of ourselves as we hit milestones and learn to adapt as the other person finds their passions, aspirations and reaches for their goals. We have now been together almost four years and I love what we've built together in that short amount of time. I love that we are independently working hard to better ourselves so that we can be better for each other. We both have very different interests and passions, but that's what's so important about a relationship, we understand the other's passions and try to motivate and keep pushing them, even if they're not our specific hopes or dreams. My hope and dreams for Noah are for him to first and foremost be happy and secondly enjoy and be passionate about what he's working towards. I'm so excited for the future and to see what life is going to throw at us, but I'm also thoroughly enjoying right now. Becoming Mr. and Mrs. Wolfe is just going to solidify what we've already built over the last four years, our wedding day is an important day for us to express how much love we have for each other and our commitment to the other, regardless of the trials and troubles we may experience. Life can be messy, but it's critical to think of the positives and why we do the things we do. At the end of the day, my heart is very happy to be held by Noah and I'm ready to continue being his forever partner in crime.

Thanks for reading
<3 B

No comments:

Post a Comment