Tuesday, June 23, 2015

We Made It

After 40 hours of driving, pee breaks, two hotel stays and meals, Noah and I made it to Troy, New York. We drove out in a brand new Penske truck that only had 1,000 miles on it. It was by no means comfortable, but we made it work and got about 15 miles per gallon! We drove through many states, but stayed in Springfield, Missouri and Columbus, Ohio. It was such a beautiful drive, so much greenery, cows, horses and road kill (not beautiful). On the last leg of the trip we hit a pretty bad storm that we were apparently driving with so we had to pull off and hang for a bit so it passed. Thanks to Noah's dad who walked us through that storm and got us safe.




When we made it to the apartment that we set up to move into on the 10th of June we were fairly disappointed. We showed up to an apartment that wasn't ready for us to move into at all. We were also extremely hungry, tired and annoyed from the 40 hour drive. Thank goodness Noah had a back up apartment he'd been living in the past two years so we crashed there a few days until our apartment was ready for us. We got all of our stuff in thanks to Noah's friends and the past few weeks have been focused on making it homey. I didn't realize how much stuff you need to feel comfortable in a new space, but after many Target trips we have made it pretty cozy.


The dining room 


Our fishies: Stuart, Steve, Agnes, Jerry, Bob, Gru, Kevin, Dave, Tim, and Phil 
(If you know where those names are from you're awesome :)

Homesickness hasn't been too much of a hardship yet; of course I miss my family, friends and Albuquerque in general, but I've definitely accepted that this is my new home. When I was thinking about living here I was looking forward to being here, but didn't really think through that I'd be home alone when Noah was at work. That's been the hardest part of the adjustment. I'm so used to being a team player, I like working and helping out. I don't start school until the end of August so I have a few months to put some time in somewhere. I had an interview and am hopeful that something pans out soon (fingers crossed).

My new school, Russel Sage 


There isn't too much to update, just been really enjoying being with my fiance. We have been playing lots of Wii, cooking together everyday, enjoying the farmers market that happens every weekend. Just catching up for the two years of lost time :)

Hope everyone is doing great and everyone in Albuquerque, now that I'm no longer there I definitely do appreciate the sunset pictures :D

Lots of love!

B


No comments:

Post a Comment